to make an appointment please call
Saffron Walden Osteopathic Clinic Ltd based at 21 Debden Road, Saffron Walden, Essex CB11 4AA, which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy Notice will be referred to as the Clinic, is pleased to provide the following information:
1) Personal Data
a) For the purposes of providing treatment, our therapists may require detailed medical information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. When you visit our practice, we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health. This data is always held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment, although for data storage purposes it may be handled by pre-vetted staff who have all signed an integrity and confidentiality agreement. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit consent to allow our therapists to document and process your personal medical data. Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment. As part of our obligations as healthcare practitioners there may be circumstances related to your treatment, ongoing care or medical diagnosis that will require the sharing of your medical records with other healthcare practitioners e.g. GP’s, consultants, surgeons and/or medical insurance companies. Where this is required we will always inform you first unless we are under a legal obligation to comply.
b) For marketing purposes, the Clinic may also use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact, emailing information to you which the practice believes may be of interest to you.
c) In making initial contact with the practice you consent to the Clinic maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. The Clinic may occasionally act on behalf of its patients in the capacity as data processor, when we may promote other practitioners based at our premises, who may not be employed by us. The Clinic does not broker your data and you can ask to be removed from our marketing database by emailing or phoning the practice using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
d) Some basic personal data may be collected about you from the marketing forms, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
f) The Clinic will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data.
2) Legal Basis for Processing any Personal Data
To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit Patient Consent and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
3) Legitimate Interests Pursued by the Clinic
To promote treatments for patients with all types of health problems indicated for osteopathic care, sports massage, acupuncture or relaxation therapy.
Through agreeing to this Privacy Notice you are consenting to the Clinic processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
The Clinic will keep your personal information safe and secure, only staff engaged in providing your treatment will have access to your patient records, although our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can make appointments and manage your account. The Clinic will not disclose your personal information unless compelled to do so, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. The practice may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues, or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
6) Retention Policy
The Clinic will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
7) Data Storage
All data is held in the United Kingdom, the Clinic does not store personal data outside the EEA. All personal data is stored either in a locked filing cabinet or if it has been necessary to write letters of communication on your behalf, your data may also be stored in a protected form on our PC.
8) Your Rights
At any point whilst the Clinic is in possession of, or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
• Right of access-you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification-you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten-in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing -where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability -you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object-you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling-you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that the Clinic refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request the Clinic can confirm that information it holds about you and how it is processed.
9) You can Request the Following Information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (the Clinic) that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the Clinic and information about these interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
10) To Access What Personal Data is Held, Identification will be Required
The Clinic will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than 3 months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If the Clinic is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to Soraya Bish at email@example.com or by phoning 01799 524628 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Clinic you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details of each of these contacts are:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113