to make an appointment please call
Sports Massage uses a variety of techniques which include massage, stretching, deep friction, trigger point stimulation and release.
The aim of sports massage is to improve range of movement and muscle/joint flexibility.
Anyone can benefit from a sports massage from athletes to casual exercisers to those with physically demanding jobs or those under various forms of stress (emotional, physical or occupational).
Benefits of Sports Massage
• Increase flexibility of muscles and mobility of joints
• Remove waste products such as lactic acid
• Improve circulation and reduce swelling
• Reduce formation of adhesions/scar tissue
• Improve posture
• Improve muscle tone
• Improve breathing through relaxation and improved posture
• Aid lymphatic drainage and removal of toxins
• Encourage the body to repair by slowing down fight/flight reaction in the body
• Overall feeling of improved well being and relaxation.
Sports massage reduces stress and tension that builds up in tissues from physical activity and can help both acute and chronic injuries/postural problems. It can also prevent injuries that effect performance. Often we carry out pre-and post-event massages, all tailored to the individual’s needs.
Sports massage can help minor injuries due to over-extension or over-use.
It can also speed healing and reduce pain during recovery from an injury (cramp, bruising, aches and muscle tears).